Your smile is not just a wonderful expression that humans have, it is also something that is one of a kind and irreplaceable. When you meet people for the first time one of the first things that they will notice is your smile. If your smile happens to be yellowish then it makes your overall appearance dull.
Don’t worry though, it is possible to get your teeth back to their former white glory. Teeth whitening treatments have shown to be effective at removing stains and dark marks while cleaning your teeth from the inside out.
Surely you have noticed all of the hype about the various teeth whitening procedures that are nearly everywhere you look. There are TV commercials for different methods, there are toothpastes, whitening strips and even kiosks at the mall where you can get your teeth whitened.
The products and methods that are available all do work but they take months to show any kind of noticeable results. In addition, you must make a habit of regularly using these products. All that, and still there is no guarantee that your teeth will be as white as you want them to be when you finish using the products.
Of course there is. In this day and age there is always something better right around the corner. In this case, seems to be laser teeth whitening.
While it is true that any type of oral or tooth care must begin at home, simply brushing and flossing regularly does not remove stains from decades of foods, teas, coffees and smoking. These stains are deep set in the teeth and simply keeping the surface of the teeth clean doesn’t remove them.
When someone goes in to the dental office for a laser teeth whitening procedure, there are steps that are taken in the process. The first step is a thorough cleaning and removal of plaque from the teeth.
While the gel is still on the teeth, a laser beam is directed at the teeth to activate and enhance the whitening powers of the peroxide gel.
The entire procedure generally takes about an hour from start to finish and the results will astound you. In one session your teeth can be from 7 to 10 shades whiter than they were when you came into the office.
Generally, the reason that people have their teeth whitened is because they want to improve their appearance and not be afraid to smile at anyone. Whiter teeth tend to be associated with a healthy lifestyle as well as with beauty.
That said, there are many advantages to having laser teeth whitening.
- Results are immediate making this the fastest treatment option.
- This procedure is a non-invasive one that causes no bleeding or even pain while the treatment is being done or after it has been completed.
- Because there is no pain, there is no need for anyone to be anesthetized for this procedure.
- Laser teeth whitening causes no damage to the teeth,( unless there were not exposed nerve or decayed dentin ) and it is a safe and viable option for people who may even have sensitive teeth.
- Why people choose laser teeth whitening over other whitening procedures? Because it is one of the fastest and safest ways to get a brighter smile.
The results of laser whitening teeth is immediate and consistent as opposed to the other whitening techniques. Whitening toothpaste merely often cleans up the superficial stains that a person may be having.
Everything on the planet has advantages and disadvantages and laser teeth whitening is no exception to this rule.
- That being said, most of the disadvantages are only ones that are short term. Even then, not everyone will have some of these disadvantages.
- Sore gums from the gel – This generally lasts only a short while after the procedure.
- Even though laser teeth whitening is totally effective for 78% of users, there have been cases where even this didn’t work and people ended up having to get crowns or veneers.
- Cost can also be a disadvantage. While this is not the costliest procedure in the world, it is far from being the least expensive option.
- There have been a few cases where people reported tooth sensitivity after the procedure. This generally lasts only a few days and only in people who already had sensitive teeth when they came in for the procedure.
Looking at the disadvantages in comparison with the advantages, it seems like laser teeth whitening seems to be an extremely viable option for teeth whitening. There are more long term advantages and most of the disadvantages are only short term.
When looking at this treatment option as opposed to some of the home treatment options, first of all, you can always use a tooth whitening toothpaste regardless of whether you are doing anything else or not.
No matter what type of whitening procedure that you are thinking about doing or having done, it is always best to have a conversation with your dentist first to know not only what options are viable for you, but also which ones will be safe for you.
SMILE MAKEOVER BEFORE AND AFTER DENTAL TREATMENT GALLERY: FEATURED SMILES|BEFORE AND AFTER DENTAL TREATMENT GALLERY CLOSE UP|PORCELAIN VENEER 1|PORCELAIN VENEERS, CROWN 2| PORCELAIN VENEERS, CROWN CLOSE UP|SNAP ON SMILE 1|SNAP ON SMILE 2|CLOSE UP SNAP ON SMILE 1| CLOSE UP SNAP ON SMILE 2 |DENTAL BONDING /COMPOSITE RESIN VENEER
SEE WHAT OUR PATIENTS THOUGHT ABOUT US